Answered By: Library Reviewer
Last Updated: Oct 16, 2014     Views: 33

If you have an exact article in mind, first search JACOB, the law library catalog, for the title of the newspaper or magazine. The record displayed in JACOB will indicate the years of coverage and the most recent issue available, if it is available at the law library.

Since the law library subscribes to a limited selection of newspapers, most will be found at another campus library, GWU’s Gelman Library.  From the Gelman Library homepage, click the “journals” tab and enter the newspaper or magazine name into the search box. The results will display the information about the print, microform, and online versions, including the years of coverage and online format (HTML or PDF).

Please note that the law library considers HTML access to newspaper and magazine articles an acceptable substitute for the print/PDF version. Accordingly, we will not fulfill interlibrary loan (ILL) requests for newspaper or magazine articles when HTML access is available through GW.

Live Chat

More Ways to Ask Us
Text: 202.999.3685  
Reference: 202.994.6647 
Circulation: 202.994.6648   

Submit a Question

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.