Related Topics

Answered By: Library Reviewer
Last Updated: Oct 16, 2014     Views: 7

If you already have a citation to a treaty, you can retrieve the official version of a U.S. treaty or one published in the United Nations Treaty Series (U.N.T.S.) in Hein Online.

U.S. treaties published in the United States Treaties and Other International Agreements (U.S.T.) or Treaties and Other International Acts Series (T.I.A.S.) are available in the Treaties and Agreements Library of Hein Online.

Treaties published in the United Nations Treaty Series (U.N.T.S.), can be found in the United Nations Law Collection.

If you are not sure what the citation to the treaty is, you can search either of those libraries, or use the Treaties and International Agreements Online database to determine where an official version was published.

For more information about treaty research see our research guide  A Guide to Treaty Research which can be found here or our LibGuide Treaties and International Agreements at Burns Law Library found here.

Note: if you are accessing either of these databases off campus, you will have to direct your browser to come through our proxy server. Instructions for doing so are here.



Live Chat

More Ways to Ask Us
Text: 202.999.3685  
Reference: 202.994.6647 
Circulation: 202.994.6648   

Submit a Question

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.